Tuesday, January 27, 2009

11-25


Jan and Donna, this is for you...I am going to come up with 25 random things if it kills me...and it probably will (I am soooo boring). Here goes:

11. I am a cheap date...1/2 a glass of wine and I am under the table. I once did a wine tour of the Napa Valley and was plastered by 3:30 in the afternoon.

12. On the alcohol theme, I don't like beer but the best margarita ever is Mike Massuci's "Beer-garita." I would share the recipe but I have no idea where my Test Pilot School Recipe book is...

13. I arrange all my dollar bills face side up, same direction, lowest to greatest value.

14. I get really annoyed when the grocery bagger puts onions in with my fruit, soap with my produce (Who wants to eat an apple that smells like an onion?) or when the clerk puts something heavy on my bananas/strawberries/lettuce...can you tell I am food snob/worked in a grocery store? Can I count this one as three random things?

15. On the food note, I clean out the Commissary's Tazo Awake tea. I have no guilt about taking every last box...okay, so it has only happened twice because they have just started carrying it. Just wait.

16. I like lots of ice in my iced tea. I drink it with a straw.

17. I don't eat iceberg lettuce. My theory is if an iguana will starve on it...what's the point?

18. I do eat romaine/green leaf/red leaf/Boston. I hate field greens...there is something in there that tastes like dirt.

19. My mom gave me a real "fake" id for my 19th birthday...she wanted me to go to bars with her and her friends. True story.

20. I spent 48 hours in hard labor with Roo before getting a c-section. I am sure that qualifies as enough labor for 6-8 kids.

21. I don't mind surgery...it's that IV that puts me over the edge. When I had Roo, most of the Wright Patt Hospital tried putting an IV in me starting at 9 a.m. and they didn't successfully accomplish the insertion until 9 p.m. I will do anything to avoid an IV.

22. My first marriage proposal was when I was in 7th grade at Knott's Berry Farm. The guy even went down on his knee (we were in the Justice of the Peace).

23. I drove from CA to GA by myself on a military move after losing Greg, Roo, and the dogs at the CA/AZ border. I would find them every night at the hotel, lose them as soon as we took off the next day (sub-conscious? or just an effect of living in the pre-ubiquitous cell phone age?)

24. I thought people that entered the military losers and those who went to military academies...super geeks.... I ended up marrying an Air Force Officer who graduated from the Air Force Academy AND spending 19 years of my life as a military dependent.

25. I am constantly being humbled by God for my evil thoughts...See number 24.

2 comments:

Zach said...

Oh, c'mon. I know you're not struggling to pull out 25. I actually thought I would but got to 25 and almost kept going. :] That thing about your fake ID was hilarious. Can you see my mom doing that for me? :P

Unknown said...

Richard would agree with you on the grocery store thing...he hates it when I come home with squished bread!

-Lisa