Friday, January 2, 2009

MJ and Mr. Gator


Chomp. I woke up to this sound and to the face of an alligator/crocodile. (It is supposed to be a gator but I think it is a crocodile) I also saw the impish face of my little boy with a mischievous grin on his face. I love when he wakes up, he always has a smile on his face. His little cheeks plump up like apples when he smiles.

Tonight it was difficult getting him to sleep. He told his daddy a lie about eating his dinner so he didn't get his dessert. This did not go over well with the Little Man. He loves his chocolate (the boy needs a 12 step program for chocolate). There was a lot of crying and declarations that he was going to leave home with Sissy. Apparently, the two of them are going to live outside next to the house. I bet Sissy is going to love that...she's not much of a camper. Finally, after M was sure we understood how displeased he is with us as parents, he climbed into my lap put his head on my chest and fell asleep. He is the picture of innocence when he is sleeping.

M's normal mode of falling asleep after his story is to put his head on my left arm and drift off to sleep after staring at nothing for a few minutes. I will move him but he tends to come back like a heat seeking missile. He tends to sleep in my back leaving me on the edge of my mattress...and I wonder why I am always tired. It is funny the way he curls into my back...a few weeks ago I dreamed about going to prom but I had a bunch of sticks and leaves stuck to the back of my dress. I am sure this was a result of the little man putting pressure on my back during the middle of my R.E.M.s

Then morning comes and I get the sweetest smile, kiss, and a hug...suddenly my sweet boy turns into all boy, he's off the bed with a bang and he is full force energy and personality for the rest of the day. He is amazing

No comments: