Monday, February 5, 2018

Motherhood, not as easy as everyone makes it Sound

Let's just put it out there, I hate disciplining. Why? I hate conflict...I think I have mentioned that before...but I love my children and I don't want them to be parasites in society.

God disciplines us because He loves us, I discipline my children because I love them. Hebrews 12:6 "For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.”

My children know how to pull out the "let's charm the parent" when being disciplined...Matthew with his crazy voices and H with her big eyes and curls. Works on dad, doesn't work on me. (I will confess being the only one who disciplines gets weary)

Easiest way to discipline? Take the phone. However, it is the hardest because I can't reach them...like today. I was going to pick up lunch after Matthew's doctor appointment and texted my lovely daughter to see what she would like...after a few minutes of not hearing back from her...I realized "Oh yeah, she lost her phone." Inconvenient. 

Which leads me to the question, why don't my children just do what they are supposed to do and then I don't have to discipline....and...they get what they want for lunch and not what I decide to provide. So simple yet so out of their understanding. Rant over.

No comments: