Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Lacrosse, Anyone?


Matthew asked if he could play football for his new school. He has never shown any interest in football before so I asked him why he wanted to play. "So I can hit people" was his response. I asked if he really wanted to waste his two concussion limit on a sport that he has never really been interested in before...we kind of left it at that.

Last week, I was talking to a mom who had signed her son up for Lacrosse. The lightbulb went off "That's it!" the perfect answer to a second sport Matthew could play because it has similarities to hockey.  I sent Matthew a text asking if he wanted to play. He asked if he could "truck people" and I thought given all the past hockey drama, he meant "trust people." Our conversation looked like this:



Yeah, he's signed up to play.

No comments: