Saturday, February 3, 2018

M is 14

My sweet Matthew is 14. I can't believe it. His voice is deep, he's taller than me, he's fierce about hockey, and he is blessed by God. (Although to be honest he was a bit sweeter before the testosterone kicked in)

Speaking of testosterone, he is asking to play football. I asked him why...his answer? I want to hit people. Ummm, no. I have given him a 2 concussion limit for hockey, let's not waste those. "You can hit people in hockey" was my response.

I thought it was really nice to our church had their big party on his birthday, saved me a lot of work. Kidding, we are celebrating today. One of the youth leaders took him to Chipotle today for a birthday lunch and we will take him to his favorite restaurant tonight, Pane e Vino. It occurred to me the restaurant is probably Jesus approved "Bread and Wine." Ha! Kidding.

Anyway, here are a few pictures from last night. Lauren refused to have a Kodak moment (she was under the weather so not feeling her finest). I'll try again tonight.


This one is my favorite, he hates it but I love it. He rarely smiles for a picture



No comments: