Saturday, February 3, 2018

I'm Dawdling

I love my church. It is like a breath of fresh air. The teaching is solid but there is love and laughter and I feel like I'm home.

The best thing I love about my church is they have a sense of humor. Teaching comes with laughter, appreciation comes with laughter, and let's face it, I like to laugh.

Last night, we had our Dream Team Party. (The Dream Team Party was created when our pastor started the Church and wanted people to give their ideas for what they wanted from a church. We have all become so conditioned to be being told by the leader what to do, people were afraid to say anything. Pastor Chris wanted people to dream, envision what they would like this church to be...and about that time the Olympics were going on and we had The Dream Team in basketball...hence, the Dream Team name was given to everyone helping build the church) Okay, history lesson over...our church has a big dinner once a year to thank all who serve. Cajun and Comedy is the theme because our Pastor is from Louisiana. I missed the party last year and was so sorry when everyone was talking about the music skits. The music interpretation has been my favorite part each year...I was dismayed there were no skits last night. I have a feeling Pastor Chris wanted the Worship Team to enjoy the part too. Praise the Lord for YouTube. I can watch last year's skits this year. (And I still had fun last night music or no music).

Watch last year's tribute to the Usher Team, Coffee/Hospitality Team, The Administrative Team, The Worship Guide Team, and our Setup/Take down team for the portable campuses (Like Ours)

Funny (Hysterical Stuff). Watch it here:

2017 Dream Team Party Songs from Church of the Highlands on Vimeo.

And just for fun, I'm going to add the songs from 2015:

2015 Dream Team Songs from Church of the Highlands on Vimeo.

No comments: