Thursday, February 1, 2018

Matthew Update

Matthew had a follow up on Monday for his broken clavicle and we fully expected him to be cleared to play. He was not. Now we are in a bind. He has a huge tournament coming up over President's Day weekend in Las Vegas. Do we buy plane tickets or not?

Matthew goes back on the 12th, 3 days before we would have to fly to Las Vegas. And if he is cleared for contact, will he be ready to get back on the ice. Imagine the sick feeling in my stomach when I saw his 4th game would be against the Phoenix Coyotes...the team he was playing when his clavicle was broken on December 1. Yeah, I am not mentioning it to him.

I am doing my best to get him in shape to play after being sidelined and unable to do much of anything besides sitting and walking. He is doing some training at the gym and a few lessons at Stick and Puck...I am even dragging him to yoga. He hasn't complained at all. He is quite the hard worker...which leaves me back to the question, will he be ready physically and mentally for Vegas?






Just a side note, tomorrow is his 14th Birthday! They grow so so fast!

No comments: