Monday, February 29, 2016

February 29

Once every four years this day comes along...it seems like there should be some type of celebration for this day. But no...it's just another day. It is very anti-climactic.

For me, today was just another get the kids out the door to school, go to yoga, pick up a prescription for Hannah, go to the grocery store, have tomato soup for lunch kind of day. Oh, I did manage to eat a hand full of Peanut M&Ms and wash a few loads of laundry. Nothing out of the ordinary, I wish I felt inspired to celebrate this leap year day with some fanfare. My mind is blank...the crock pot is cooking dinner, Hannah has a game tonight...it's just another day. When it comes around again...Hannah will be 18. Wow...now there's a sobering thought...time goes too fast. I better start planning now how to celebrate February 29 in 4 years. Hannah loves food so it will have to be Italian or Chinese since Cinco de Mayo celebrates with tacos and enchiladas. If I start now, it will be spectacular!

No comments: