Sunday, February 7, 2016

Sunday Funday

Sunday Funday lived up to its name... Sort of...M won his game, H cheered for the Special Olympics (Okay, she stinks as a cheerleader, she was on her phone when I went to get her picture) M excelled in his helping at the Special Olympics. Lauren rocked her baptism and brought her own Fan Club. I had a sick stomach all day but I hung in there, immediately switching to pajamas and a horizontal position with a book when I walked into my hermitage.

Posting pictures/video...my bed is calling my name and my stomach, eh...not so great...

I will share that I have now scratched 3 things off my "Bucket List." I learned how to do the scoresheet, work the penalty box, and last night I took on the clock. I don't like the clock...electronic devices and me go together like oil and water. My tutor was a bit late (she was across the street drinking beer...and didn't invite me...I guess the word is out I don't drink beer and two sips of wine is equivalent to three bottles of wine for someone else. I am a very cheap date. The other parent who is a clock master was not there...sigh. I could have used his help.

When my fearless leader was AWOL, one of the other parents tried to help me. To my relief, he was as clueless on how to enter the team names and such as I was. And in  my defense, I did go to YouTube on Friday to figure out clock details and score keeping...all I have to say is there is a lot of different types of clocks out there and Vermont has a screwy system for score keeping that involves math. No thanks, I'll just write the time of the penalty from the clock and skip the graph and subtraction.

The one video that fairly resembled our clock had no sound and was really dark. (Here I have to confess I thought I wasn't using YouTube correctly...then I read the nasty comments and realized it was not a blonde operator user error, it was a really bad video that should be removed.) Back to Laurel and Hardy and the clock set-up, He read the complex instructions, I pushed buttons. I have no idea how we did it but I did get the scoreboard set up correctly. After that, my tutorial was fairly uneventful until the last few minutes when the opposing team scored a goal with an empty net and I made the mistake of looking over to see how to enter it on the scoresheet...the puck was dropped and I didn't start the clock fast enough for the Atlanta parent working their penalty box. As if we were going to score 4 goals in those 2 1/2 seconds (he insisted it was 20 seconds but considering the puck only moved about 2 feet, I took umbrage with his accusation). And due to the...gosh, I can't think of a sufficient word to describe the Atlanta parent...let's just call him the, oh never mind,

Suffice it to say, my order of preference for helping is 1. Sin Bin 2. Scoresheet and 3. the clock and the clock only if every other parent is missing from the Rink due to a Zombie Apocalypse.

I think I need to dream bigger for my "Bucket List" in the future.

Sweet Dreams, my bed is calling my name...loudly.




You call this cheerleading??? Hang up the phones!










Warming up...the videos all loaded out of order...and I'm going to bed so I refuse to fix this...




 Yes, I steal peoples' posts with a screenshot...they write much nicer things than I do






I will admit the baptism was the highlight of my weekend. Two years ago, I tried bribing Roo with a free lunch to get her to come to church with us...her brother and sister were relentless. Roo even said "The Mormons have nothing on those two" after one of their pesterings...look at her now! My heart is full. I believe I mentioned the bucket list...my real life dream is a row at church filled with my children, their spouses, and their children and Sunday dinner together...a simple dream, I know. It is my idea of a Sunday Funday though...

No comments: