Monday, February 22, 2016

Atlanta Hockey

"He delights to show mercy." Micah 7:18

This past weekend was a horrible mess. I spent the weekend thinking "Why did I come?" I should have sent Greg and stayed home with Hannah. Later, my thinking became "We should have all stayed home. Greg and I should have went to our church's marriage conference. Why did I allow hockey to be a priority over our marriage?" I let myself think "It's the last weekend, I can see Karen..." Worldly thinking at best. Well, the weekend was a nightmare due to parent drama, the boys lost all of their games, and Karen didn't come after all. I drove home defeated. Wondering how can I be this old and involved in such stupid drama?  I prayed and prayed for a hockey family that thrives on drama to move, please move them God...take them away so we can enjoy hockey...Chicago was sooo much fun (they weren't there) and this weekend was an absolute horror film. I pity the refs, I pity the ice rink staff, I pity the coaches, and I pity the kids who see and feel the effects of bad parent behavior.

I woke up this morning resolved to put Greg in charge of all future hockey trips to stay away from this craziness...resolved to go to yoga...but for some reason, I paused and decided to watch our pastor's message from yesterday. It was an absolute life saver. Exactly what I needed to hear to take the focus off of how I feel and refocus it on doing what is right. Next year, we will put the brakes on whatever is taking place and attend the marriage conference. I will pray for the family that brings the drama. I will pray for next year's team. I will allow God to transform me and keep Him as my focus point and block out everything else that is going on around me.

I hate everything that happened this weekend but I know God allowed it. I know I have learned a bunch of lessons about life this weekend and I know I do not ever want to experience making choices without clearing it with God first...if I had prayed and not done it my way...

I am sharing the link for the message...perhaps you need a helping hand on relationships also...perhaps you might enjoy a laugh...Pastor Chris can pack deep wisdom with a laugh. It is a gift from God. Hallelujah.

 https://www.churchofthehighlands.com/media/message/uncommon-commitment

And if there is any doubt that God is omniscient...here is what was written on my cup from Chick fil A (I received it before going to the first game. I had to look up the verse "Cast all of your burdens upon Him because He cares for you.)


Perfect, no?


Greg had these waiting for me when I got home last night. Perfect, no?

No comments: