Wednesday, January 13, 2016

What I have Learned

I learned two things last night at the Ice Rink.

One, my fasting and praying is not creating a pure and humble heart within me. I said and thought things that were...well...not so pure, not so humble. I will probably be fasting for the rest of my life at this rate. I am really going to miss meat, bread, breakfast tea, and sweets. A lot.

Two, My Yeti drink holder really does work and is worth every penny I paid for it. I mentioned I am fasting from my breakfast tea, but I did not give up my jasmine tea. Last night, I needed a boost in my energy so I begged for some hot water from the snack bar, threw in my tea bag (yes, I carry tea bags in my purse. I am that crazy. And yes, my purse has a lot in common with Mary Poppins' bag.) Whoops, took off on one of my rabbit trails again.

Back to my Yeti cup, I steeped my tea, I conversed with a mom...I completely messed up my fast in the conversation (see above) and after what is normally a sufficient amount of time to take a sip of my delicious tea, I took a sip and I scalded and I mean SCALDED my lip. Holy Cannoli that tea was hot! Now, it could be said that burning my top lip and tongue could be punishment for my saying "After 3 marriages, you'd think he'd figure out it's not them, it's him, and maybe it's time to stop getting married...or something equally awful. So, I tried the ice water experiment...I made some ice water before going to bed and when I took a taste during the night, the water was deliciously refreshing and this morning the ice was still there. It had barely melted. Okay, so now I see what all the fuss is about regarding Yeti products. I always thought people a bit daft for putting Yeti bumper stickers on their cars. I will never put a Yeti bumper sticker on my car (I am no one's billboard) but I am converted.

And that my friends, are the two things I learned last night. First, my pure and humble heart is light years away from being pure and humble. And second, I like comfort...I am all excited about a cup that keeps hot things hot and cold things cold. In a nut shell, I'm shallow.

No comments: