Friday, January 8, 2016

Car Conversations



Conversation One took place with Hannah yesterday. I had her tweaking Matthew's Hockey Play List...the above was the first song to be added to it. H picked the song but apparently never really pursued the title of the song so she asked me what "Novocaine" was...I explained...Her response was priceless. "Now that makes sense!" Keep in mind Hannah is a huge FOB fan and asked for Fall Out Boy tickets for Christmas. You would think she would use a dictionary way before using the Mom Dictionary.

Conversation Two took place this evening while driving home from the Rink. Matthew realized his hockey playlist had been tweaked with Hannah's assistance. The conversation went like this:

Matthew "Hannah, add some Fall Out Boy."

Me: "I had her do that yesterday."

Matthew: "Mom, that is the kind of music people our age listen to."

(Keep in mind the original hockey playlist came together from a Preds game I went to a few years ago, what I didn't have on my phone, I added, if I didn't know it, I used Shazam.)

In the meantime, Hannah was adding to the playlist (He is so lucky Adele's Hello didn't end up on there).

Conversation Three followed Conversation Two this evening while Hannah had my phone and worked on his playlist.

Matthew: "Make sure you add some AC/DC, it's gotta have AC/DC.

Me: Ummmm, Matthew, you do realize AC/DC music is from when I was a kid? (I know it is a hockey standard but after the dig above, I had to get my own dig in...yep, I was born sarcastic, it's a Hampton trait. We all have it and I have tried really really hard to suppress it).

And just so you know, Hannah did get the Fall Out Boy tickets for Christmas and I will be her mandatory adult...I will wear a hockey jersey and I will be ready for Novocaine. (which really is the ultimate song to play for the hockey players warm up, I digress, like usual) When Novocaine plays, I will dance my little heart out and I will be every teen's Worst Nightmare, kind of like the song.

No comments: