Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Back in the Groove

January 6, 2016 is the most wonderful time of the year...the kids returned to school from their Christmas Break. (Officially, it is called "Winter" Break but I will go down in flames for my non-politically correct views. It's Christmas, People!) 

I drove Hannah to school. Her bus comes at a ridiculously early, 7:10 ans school starts for her at 8:05. Matthew's bus comes at the same time so he consumes my energy making sure he doesn't miss his bus. I fell into my bad habit of driving her in my pajamas.  I made an effort to change prior to Break. There is lots of road construction going on by our subdivision. I had visions of being rear ended and standing on the side of the road. Tomorrow, I will change out of my pajamas...maybe. 

went back to the Gym today. I'm always amazed at how long it takes to get in shape and no time at all to get out of shape.  I did laundry. I cleaned the kitchen...I am back to driving to hockey tonight. Well, normally, Greg drives Matthew to Decatur on Wednesday night but he is somewhere in Pennsylvania...so I am the official "IceMom." Actually, I like the drive to Decatur. I love driving over the Tennessee River. Tonight will be especially breath taking since the sun will be setting. I like winter sunsets. The trees make such striking silhouettes against the orange sky. 

On a humorous note, Hannah's hockey game (her first of many given she has announced she wants to be the first female to play in the NHL) has been postponed due to the Championship Game being played on Monday. Apparently, the Alabama vs. Clemson game has taken to cancelling our regularly scheduled program much like a religious holiday..or a national disaster. The official verdict of Religious holiday or National Disaster will depend on whether the Tide wins...or loses.

I was moving through my fast, easy peasy...then I tripped myself up. I decided to order a pizza for dinner, I mentioned the clean kitchen, right? I totally forgot there is yeast in that there crust. I should know this for as many times as I have made pizza crust. Face Palm and move on. On the bright side, I did only have cheese, so no meat...but then since I was a tad bit more hungry than I usually am, I began to stare at the pepperoni side of the pizza. I began to get philosophical...since Daniel wrote "No choice meat" does that mean I can eat pepperoni? Or a hot dog, as long as it Kosher? No one would refer to those meat products as "choice meat." I will not eat the pepperoni or the hot dog (I stopped eating hot dogs when I found out what was actually in the hot dog) but it was fun debating it in my blonde brain.

Okay, Hannah just walked in and she is cracking herself up and must share her silliness so that's about all that is new in our life. It is time to listen to Hannah, who apparently thinks she is a cat...We have some travel hockey coming up. All is chugging along in its proper order.



No comments: