Saturday, January 2, 2016

Indecisive

21 Days of Prayer and Fasting starts at our church tomorrow. It's my opportunity to grow closer in my relationship with God, think of others more than myself, display the fruits of the Holy Spirit, this is a great opportunity..and I still can't figure out what I am going to fast from...The die hards (more disciplined, more self-controlled, more heavenly minded than me, obviously) will actually go 21 Days fasting from food. I would probably resemble King Kong or a corpse if I tried that, so I am stuck, what means a lot to me that would be hard to go without? Nothing. I got nothing. I thought about chocolate...I like chocolate but I am not that attached to it...OH NO...I just realized what it is that I am really really attached to....Mighty Leaf tea. Oh. My stars. There is something...do I feel God calling me to do without it for the next 21 days? Nope. Phew!

Okay, what is there in my life that will help me to focus more on prayer? Hmmm. I got nothing.

Let's think about this...My mind is a blank. Maybe if I pray about it some more. God, what do you want me to give up to focus on my relationship with you? And please, please, don't make it my tea...I'm afraid I won't obey and that would mess the whole purpose of love, discipline, and obedience.

Let's start with prayer, Heavenly Father, please forgive me for being so shallow that I am struck dumb at the idea of finding something to fast...Please inspire me by morning...and Lord, please, please, please. not my tea.

No comments: