Friday, January 29, 2016

Early Morning Mist

Chilly morning mist rising from the ground always takes my breath away. The quiet beauty of warm and cool mixing together. Captivating. It is the one thing I truly miss about our old house. Standing on the front porch, watching the kids get on the bus for school and being in wonder of the mist rising from the pond across the street. God gave me a little present yesterday after driving Hannah to school. As I approached our neighborhood the mist was lifting toward heaven from the ground and the neighborhood pond.

The mist rising from the ground has taken on special meaning after reading a morning devotion from Charles Spurgeon. He based the devotion on Psalm 9:1 I will praise You, O Lord. "Praise should always follow answered prayer; as the mist of earth's gratitude rises when the sun of heaven's love warms the ground."

The Creator never fails to take my breath away. Early morning mist...simple beauty.

No comments: