Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Summer Vacation

Here comes a rant. I have spoiled children. My children have blessings out the wazoo and absolutely no appreciation for them. It is summer vacation. We are on two weeks and two days of this break from school. I am about to lose my mind.

Begin rant: My children are blessed with clothes from Gymboree since my oldest works there, we get a nice discount. Currently, my middle child is pitching a fit because I am making her search her room to find the cute one piece she has worn twice. TWICE and has disappeared...and she doesn't really care. I find clothes stuffed in corners, under beds, in the hamper after 5 minutes of wear.

My youngest is bouncing a ball in the house. How many times have I told my children to not bounce balls in the house?

My voice is hoarse from saying "Shut the door, you're letting all the cold air out and the flies in!!!" Or, since my children are blessed with a neighborhood pool, I am tired of this phrase "Hang up your towels, please take care of your carpet and bed and not leave wet towels on them."

At the pool, I am tired of the arguing over pool toys and yelling "Walk!"

There is constant fighting and lying about who did what.

I realize our house consists of 5 sinners living under one roof but I am tired of being the police and investigating who broke which house rule, I am tired of being a referee, I desire a little vacation (by which I mean relaxation) during this summer vacation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen, Sista! I was so frustrated about constantly telling the kids to close the door that I SLAMMED it shut. They've remembered to close it ever since. (not that I recommend that). When does school start?!!!