Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Rollercoaster Ride

The last 9 months have been a rollercoaster ride...I was kind of hoping for the part that flattens out before I had to do anymore climbing or sudden and rapid descents. But, no...tonight, my husband "casually" mentions he is going to be looking into a job at Edwards. Edwards????????????????????????????

I have been able to sustain my rollercoaster ride because of the wonderful people aka Support System I have here. I console myself that here I have a nice house, a nice neighborhood, a small town/big town environment, the kids have a great school, we have a great church, extracurricular activities, I can stay home and take care of the Little People, the whole shabang...and leave this? At my age? For the land of drive-by shootings? The only positive things I could come up with were this...no mosquito bites, no humidity, my aunt still lives there...end of the pro list.

This is going to take some prayer...I could have done this a few years ago...I wanted my husband to work with airplanes, they are his passion...but do I want to live in CA now? No. Do I want to raise my children there? No. Could I have this kind of life there? No. I have never been one to get nauseous on rollercoasters...always loved the ride, not this time, not this rollercoaster.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying....hard.

Unknown said...

no way!!! You can't leave us! I'm going to pray hard, too.

Chris S said...

I agree with Rich in his comment.....NO WAY.
I'm praying for you. I think I'm still sitting here with my mouth open. That seems to be completely out of nowhere.

First of all, you won't be able to sell you house...take it from me. You DON'T want to be doing what I am and the market is not rebounding fast...not at all. Oh please, let him change his mind.