Friday, May 29, 2009

Un-neighborly Neighbors

Today, I got to watch a neighbor I have never seen before pitch a fit when his key card didn't work at the pool...he tried tearing the gate apart...definitely has some anger issues. I was going to let him in with my card but when I told him he wouldn't be able to get out, he replied he would simply break the lock, I took a sit and passed. The key cards document the time and user everytime it is used, I didn't want to be responsible for the broken lock...then my very slow brain engaged and I figured out that his card probably didn't work because he probably had not paid his HOA fees. I am really slow...my quick minded pistol packing girlfriend was dialing the police when he decided he would leave (while squealing his tires out of the parking lot, oh, and did I mention he had his pre-teen daughter with him?) It never dawned on me to call the police...I did figure out the guy was nuts enough to vandalize and trespass but that was as far as my mind processed the unturning of events.

Shortly before this wild experience, a teenage girl pulled up trying to get in the pool...claiming she had been at school and didn't know you need a key to get into the pool. My 5 year old knows this...You also have to pay for the key card ($25) and pay homeowner association fees, her parents should know this...I passed on letting her in also.

Then, we had the Domino's Pizza driver who was tasked to put coupons in the neighborhood mailboxes...he handed me the stack and drove off into the sunset. I knew those coupons would blow directly into the pool...being ever resourceful, I filled my empty water bottle using the pool and used it for a paper weight. (I sure hope no one gets thirsty and takes a drink from that bottle...)

And this is only May...

No comments: