Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dance Recital - "LIFE"



























Just a few pictures to show you what an amazing little star H is! Hair and makeup provided by Big Sister. And, of course, a few pictures of her biggest fans.

This year's theme for the recital, LIFE magazine covers. The nurses costume for the famous sailor/nurse kiss on Victory Day, music "In the Mood." The tap dance was "Pennies from Heaven" for the stock market cover on June 8, 1962. Finale was a latin theme. H was able to participate in finale this year because she had perfect attendance. She got to dance with the big girls...very exciting.

I would like to add, H struck all these poses on her own...I am not sure where she gets this talent from...if she took after her mom, she would be standing with her arms hanging limply by her sides in a very uninspired pose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hate that we missed it! How cute, I have that picture of the sailor and the nurse in my bathroom...one of my faves!