Saturday, December 20, 2008

Birthday Lunch


Today I got to find out who my real friends are...or who likes Mexican food so much they will brave the raining cats and dogs weather to celebrate the "I was robbed" birthday group.

The idea for the birthday lunch came from our lovely pastor's wife...who conveniently didn't show. (Little does she know what we have planned for her when she returns from her trip that she "had to get ready for." She'll be sorry.) Susan picked up where Lynn left off and Kathy, Lisa, and me had a wonderful lunch. I am still protesting Lisa's inclusion since technically, she was never robbed. Her mom made sure she had birthday and Christmas presents AND they were wrapped in the appropriate paper!

My family was truly worn out by the time my birthday rolled around. My brother had a birthday on the 9th, my dad was the the 15th, my grandparents (both sides) had anniversaries on the 23rd, then there was Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and then my birthday. No one really felt like celebrating. I did get a Barbie cake one year...My aunt came over on Christmas night to help my mom bake it. I remember it was turquoise (yeah, I know, let's not discuss what decade it was). The cake never saw the light of day. I had brothers who devoured Barbie's skirt before the sun came up...I got up and found a naked Barbie lying on the plate where the cake used to be.

Today was much better. Who cares if Lisa and myself decided to go get arrested so we could get some uninterrupted sleep, gym time, library time and watch some TV? Yep, that's the kind of conversation we had...how to get even with Lynn and how to get away from kids. Happy Birthday.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was funny! I hope next I remember to make you a turquoise Barbie cake!

-Lisa