Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Chicago

Chicago, Chicago that toddling town
Chicago, Chicago I will show you around
I love it bet your bottom dollar you'll lose the blues in Chicago, Chicago
The town that Billy's Sunday couldn't shut down


The big hockey tournament is upon us. The house-sitter/cat-sitter is arranged (Roo). The laundry is washed (not packed...I'll get to that later). Matthew has been coached by classmates with darker melanin to call it "Shy Town" and not look black people in the eye or he will get shot...the silliness of 6th graders. Hannah is excited to go to the Holocaust Museum and see the German sub at the Museum of Science and Industry. (Greg is equally excited about the Science Museum) I am just thrilled at Hannah's interest in the Holocaust Museum and German Sub...she has inherited my love for history in addition to my blonde hair. It's a nice feeling.

The kids will get to meet their uncle and see their grandmother again. We will be probably get our butts kicked in hockey...but I think it will be a good long weekend all the way around...pictures will be posted as I get the opportunity...I hope...sometimes my phone doesn't like to release the picture to my blog...if that's the case, I'll post on Tuesday.

Have a Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: