Sunday, June 28, 2015

Sunday

Zzzzz...M woke me up at 3 am. from a deep slumber, he had a bad dream and needed a hug and an arm to lay his head on...I, however, never returned to sleep. I gave up after 2 hours, got up for a quiet cup of tea, let out the cat and listened to the birds telling the neighborhood to rise and shine.

H is off to Aviation Challenge today...I think she is going to have a great week with her friend Amy crawling through the woods, capturing airplanes, and flying simulators. I am just hoping she stays out of the poison ivy and the mosquitoes do not find her tasty.

M is battling cellulitis, we think it is a gift from Boy Scout Camp...not sure, he is on antibiotics and wearing flip flops. I think we are entering the Season of bumps, bruises, and cuts that boys are known for and make my knees buckle. He was helping the Rink's Hockey Class, took a spill and smashed his finger between his helmet and ice...the cut is right on the nerve so the anti-bacterial ointment for the cellulitis is also going on his finger. Apparently, bacteria laughs at Neosporin according to our nurse practitioner so she gave us the big gun ointment...with a refill...for all future scrapes and cuts.

Time for one more cup of tea before getting ready to serve at Church. Have I ever mentioned I am not a morning person? I may get up early but I really don't like leaving the house before 9. I move like a sloth in the a.m. Today, I need to leave by 7:45 since it was necessary to switch Services for serving to get H to Camp on time. I will probably have wet hair and mismatched clothes at Church. I am already planning my nap.

No comments: