Sunday, May 31, 2015

Ouch

Friday, was supposed to be a quiet day, H was off to the Lake with some friends and M had a power skate lesson...I thought it would be good if he did the Stick and Puck session after his lesson. I needed to get my allergy shots, Stick and Puck would give him something to do other than wait with me. I made some recordings of his skating lesson, paid for his Stick and Puck and left for the Allergist's Office.  I really should have checked on M and his gear. I no sooner left the Allergist's Office when I got a call from one of our friends from the Rink. M was hit by a puck, he didn't wear all of his gear out, just the helmet and gloves like all the "cool" aka "not smart" players. Anyway, the elbow was swollen and bruising...off to the Doctor's Office we went for an X-ray. Funny how things go completely different than planned. The really bad part was M had Try Outs the very next day for Travel Hockey. The good news was, it was not broken, just a bad hematoma. The miraculous part is the swelling was gone by Saturday morning, a true miracle since the elbow was huge by the time we made it to the Doctor's Office. The really good news is now M will never go out on the ice without all of his gear during Stick and Puck. This is one battle that I am so thankful to never have again. And the really good news? He made the Travel Team.






No comments: