Monday, May 4, 2015

Where We are Now

We are still getting settled in and I fear I will still be unpacking boxes when I am 85. I have run out of places to put things...which is weird since I thought I was going to have so much more storage and I gave soooo much away when we sold our house. I need to get rid of books...but it is liking ending a relationship....even though I know I won't have time to read it again, I feel like I might...plus, they have memories for me like this belonged to Dad or I read this in Albuquerque or Dave Deary's dad recommended this...but where to put them??? The biggest use of space is my photo albums. I have been taking photos out and putting them in photo safe boxes. I found a few of some friends to email to them and I put them in the box with the intention of scanning  later but now the box is so full, I have no idea where to look for them. I should find them by my 80th birthday. My goal is to be organized and live simply and if you saw the office right now, you would see I am nowhere close to achieving this triumph. 

Busy weekend for the kids, Roo packed boxes for moving to her new apartment this weekend, M went off to the Lake with his friends, and G and H had a father/daughter experience and went to Talledega yesterday. H was convinced it was going to be a terrible waste of time and ended up enjoying it. The worst thing she could say is the guy next to her was chewing tobacco and spitting it in his Dasani bottle and let's face it, that is GROSS but...it was a NASCAR race...in the South...enough said. 

I have tons to write  but lots to do so Au Revoir for now...

No comments: