Monday, February 23, 2009

Uh Oh


Last week, I had lunch at this funky hip little restaurant in Downtown Nashville. Okay, just the word "Downtown" should conjure up a clear image in your head for the staff and funkiness of this little gem. It was chilly chilly chilly that day so I ordered hot tea to warm up. Here came the Organic Breakfast Tea...I took a little sip and Wow! Come to Mama, Baby! Where have you been all my life floated through my brain. Pathetic, no? I am so excited about the tea, I send an email from my phone to my email account so I won't forget the name...I kind of felt like Ross in Friends when he called his answering machine...Never mind, I digress.

On the way home, I stopped at Whole Foods Market to buy gluten free indulgences for my celiac daughter, just so she would know she was loved. (Okay, there is a chance I will use any excuse to go to a Whole Foods store, what's your point?) There in the tea shelf was my tea. Heaven. Then I looked at the price for 15 bags of the heavenly concoction...I needed to sit down. Okay, just one box and I could use one bag a day and I would have two weeks of the next best thing to heaven. Problem...it was gone by Friday.

I looked up the tea online and went to its website...Score! I can buy the stuff online and not drive to Tennessee! Problem, still expensive. Now I am mulling the purchase around in my head, thinking thinking thinking...Sunday, I run into my tea buddy at Church. Miss Emma and I discuss the futility of saving the good stuff for special occasions...life is short and someone else just might to get to use your good stuff. I decide to splurge...back online I go. I decide to go with the 100 bag option since really...that would only be fifty cents per bag (I can justify anything!)

Today, I am thinking about the trail I am about to embark on...even more expensive tea...I am starting to understand what caused our American Revolution (still can't justify their dumping such wonderful stuff into the Harbor)...Perhaps, I could get two boxes of tea and use one box to fund my new addiction. I could stand outside Starbucks in a trench coat and whisper "Hey, Buddy" to the potential customers...I could sell each individual bag for $1 and the customer could just get some hot water from Starbucks...They save money, I make money, I can buy more tea...everybody wins.

Buh Bye Tazo, Hello Mighty Leaf!

4 comments:

Chris S said...

Whoooo hooo, that worked. I just created another google account to be able to respond. Now I can comment...yeah! Hope you have a good day!

Unknown said...

so funny! I'll have to tell my Mom she made it into your blog! She really needs to get on fb!

-Lisa

Anonymous said...

Ok, what was the name of that tea? Mighty Leaf? What a witty girl you are! All I can think of is toilet paper and mascara!

Permberly said...

Mighty Leaf Organic Breakfast Tea.