Sunday, June 29, 2014

She Hasn't Changed...Much


May 2008

I have to pick a font that is really girly.  Now I need a background that looks like coffee or Coca Cola.  BY Jove, I think I found it.  NOPE, too hard to read.  New font color is needed here.  Let's see, Okay, now it is readable.  My Roo needs her coffee, preferably a Starbucks blend, she needs her sleep cuz she gets really cranky, she loves her shoes, purses, and other fashion accouterments...Otherwise, inside she's a lot like me (some say she looks like me but I am not sure if that thrills her or not..., back to her spiritual makeup  she tends to make a lot of mistakes like I did at her age.  Poor girl, it's hard to watch.  You want so much less heartache for your daughter.  You want her life to be easy, full of love, no disappointments, no sorrow.  I guess that just isn't realistic.  Life is nothing but falling in love, getting your heartbroken, misunderstandings with those you love the most, I digress.  Back to Roo, she has her father's sense of humor but at least she has the good sense to appreciate mine. She is like me in the love department, she falls hard, and like me at her age, she doesn't hold her tongue regarding her dislike for people.  I found it hard to bite my tongue around people that I didn't hold in high regard.  I prayed she would have more maturity than me (I often wince at the things I have said to people).  I guess that will come with age.  She likes my music (some Def Leopard, some Michael Buble, some One Republic), likes to dance (I had the privilege of teaching her to shimmy her shoulders.) And she isn't much of an athlete, but enjoys spectator sports...although she likes hockey fights, I sit through those and she gets on her feet and yells "FIGHT!" 
  
We had lots of time together before it was interrupted with the late appearance of a brother and sister.  I wonder if she regrets praying for them on days when she feels like the third wheel.  I bet she is glad God didn't answer her prayer for twins the year Matthew came into being!
Roo has a heart of gold and she wears it on her sleeve.  She loves her babies.


I will have to quit this ode to Roo, her little brother (that she prayed for) is bugging me and refusing to go up stairs for his nap.  But I think it gives a glimpse of my little darlin'. I love you, Roo.

No comments: