Monday, June 23, 2014

June 22, 2008

Talkative. Sweet. Compassionate. Energetic. Sociable. LOVES God. Affectionate.  Competitive. That is my Hannah.  

What adjective to tackle first? Let's go with "competitive." Last week, Hannah went to school and Ellie lost a tooth.  That night, we went to her dance class and Olivia lost a tooth.  At this stage in the game, Hannah's tooth was barely loose. I thought MAYBE by the end of the month, the tooth fairy will schedule a visit.  We no sooner got in the door from dance class when Hannah announces her tooth is out.  I am astonished because the only way I thought the tooth would come out is if she were hit in the mouth somehow.  The next morning, Hannah picks up her Croc and shows and says "This is how I got my tooth out" and proceeds to shove the shoe in her mouth.  AAAHG!  I give her a lecture on germs and where shoes have been.  I think I am effective.  Nope, two days ago, I look in the rear view mirror and see the Croc in her mouth working on that other tooth.  I give her a warning, she does it again and the tooth fairy will not be making any return visits.  Let's see if she heeds the warning.  I somehow doubt it.  Her competition is most fierce with her brother...He made me a present for Mother's Day at preschool.  Hannah saw it and immediately got her paper and crayons and made me a book.  (Matthew not to be outdone got a piece of paper and scribbled all over it and proudly presented it to me. And so it goes.)

Hannah looks and acts just like her older sister did at this age, except for the talking, Lauren didn't talk nearly as much as Hannah.  It is kind of like comparing a pond and the Pacific Ocean in the loquacious department.  Hannah is also much more affectionate than Roo.  Roo is pretty stingy with hugs and kisses (except with The Boyfriend) and Hannah lavishes hugs and kisses.

Hannah is also extremely compassionate.  I was very sick a few months ago and she would quietly sneak in my room and give a sweet kiss and quietly leave.  A few nights ago her sister was upset so she had to make her a card and quietly entered the room to leave it on her bed and give her a kiss.  She also would like to go talk to the person who has hurt her sister to make it better.

;Hannah is quick, she started walking no running at 9 months and talking? She was practically born talking.  She knew her ABCs by two and was writing by 3.  I hope she has her dad's engineer brain rather than my liberal arts brain, she'll have a much better income. She's pretty controlling and an extremely good manipulator (she can get any toy Matthew has and he is convinced he actually WANTS to give it to her), she'll probably be president.

And this is my Sweet Hannah Bear.

No comments: