Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Vacuuming...again

Yes, I just finished vacuuming...again. Note to self: If we ever build a house again, do not let the builder put Bermuda grass in for the lawn. In Winter, the stuff tracks in with every footstep and you spend many days, (several times a day if the kids are home) vacuuming the house, the car...sweeping the garage. I am trying to teach the kids to sweep it up (they ignore me, I get louder with my request until it is finally accomplished).What  usually happens is I get them to sweep it...and when they leave, I pull out the vacuum and do it right. My thought process is to teach them if they see a mess or make a mess to clean it up...it's all part of my "raise them like I won't be here in a year, love them like they won't be here in a year" motto but...I'm failing. Their motto is "make a mess, someone else will clean it up"...which isn't going cut it with this mom...but here I am, with an almost 10 and 12 year old who drop their clothes and belongings wherever, stuff the belongings behind chairs, plants or whatever other furnishing when told to pick it up and yes, while vacuuming and lifting the window treatments, I will find ice cream bowls, cake plates, and candy wrappers, etc. I actually feel my blood pressure rise upon these discoveries...

Now, on the bright side, I had this problem with my favorite oldest daughter...she moved out and got a roommate...who was a slob and didn't pick up after herself...My favorite oldest daughter was horrified to find herself thinking and sounding like her mother...and when the lease was up...she got her own apartment...solo...and this apartment is very cute...always always picked up.

So there is hope...

No comments: