Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Atlanta

Already I am failing on my New Year Resolution to keep this updated...the kids are growing so fast and are so funny, I don't want to forget this time. (And forget it, I will, since I am the last 1/3 period of life).

Where were we, oh yes, last week, H turned 12. This past weekend we went to Atlanta for a Hockey Tournament. All FIVE of us! The cat was boarded, she was posted on FB by the Vet and her head is turned...she is either full of herself or holding a grudge over being boarded...I'm going with the former if you see her FB pictures, she was quite content. I will have to dig those up and post.

We had the privilege of being in the Big City with my BFF who is always on the cutting edge of all things "Hip." So between games she took us to the
"We never will be able to afford mall 'Lenox' Something or other" and introduced us to a cupcake ATM. Yes, you can now swipe your card and watch on screen as your cupcake is retrieved and delivered. Technology...love it or hate it (I usually fall into the latter category) it sure can be fun...and caloric.

On the flip side, before I forget, on the way home, we stopped in Somerville, GA, for lunch, and stepped back in time to a lovely little family owned restaurant. Yummy Southern cooking and ambiance...we were there while all the families in their Sunday best came in after Church. It was delightful, churches in big cities have gone to the casual "I'm either going to a baseball game or just stepped out of garden after pulling weeds" attire.

Back to Atlanta, Sunday morning, Matthew had a fever so I popped over to the "Doc in a Box" (right next to our Holiday Inn Express) to get him swabbed for flu and strep. Flu, negative. Strep, positive. Home, we went...he missed his last two games. He was not happy. A little Motrin returned him to his normal ornery self...you can always tell when it is wearing off, he deflates like a helium balloon. I have to admit to struggling with giving him more to feel better or leaving him un-medicated so he would leave his sisters alone. I medicated much to the girls' dismay.

Matthew traveled to Atlanta with his friend, Michael. Greg was coming home from a TDY to NM and didn't land until 4:30. I was worried if his flight was delayed, we wouldn't make it into Atlanta until Midnight. Matthew was ecstatic...however, given he turned into Typhoid Mary, I am worried they will get sick also...or the team he was elbow to elbow with on the bench and in the locker room...

There you have it, our trip to Atlanta...mini reunion with my BFF, cupcakes from an ATM, and a trip back in time when the world moved more slowly...







No comments: