Saturday, December 28, 2013

Havoc Hockey









Last night, we went to the Havoc Hockey Game and it was "Pirate Night." The kids got eye patches at the door and I saw a group of men dressed like monks...I kept trying to think "How do monks relate to pirates?" Anyway, we did our usual routine and stopped to buy the "Chuck-a-Pucks" for the kids, and headed towards our seats...while walking to our seats, I realized these were real monks...not some frat gag. Who knew monks like hockey? Now my curiosity is piqued. There are things I have to know like if there is a fight do they cheer or pray? Will they do the chicken dance? Which team are they cheering for and will that team win? 

So here are the answers: During fights, they sit quietly, very dignified. They do not do the chicken dance but one kept time with his hand on his thigh to Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline and Journey. He also did a fist pump to the da da HEY da da da HEY! music. They applauded (with much class) when the Havoc scored...and who won? The Havoc...of course. 

These were a very classy group of men. I think the world could do well with more men like them...and less with the drunks behind me that held the belching contest...

No comments: