Wednesday, December 18, 2013

December 18, 2013

This Christmas Season (yes, it's Christmas, not holiday, what is with all this "Holiday" garbage? If you aren't, celebrating Christmas, what are you celebrating?) Sorry, it's a pet peeve. I digress. The Christmas Season is flying past me, today is the 18th...I still have cards to make and mail. I just finished making the "Grandma Photo books."

I had to ask "Where is all of my time going?" Then I remembered...4 hockey games last weekend, Hannah and Matthew's skating classes in addition, to the hockey...Trying to get Matthew to reach his AR goal for reading. (Matthew loves reading but when you tell him he has to, he has a million reasons why he can't.) I spent most of the free time since last Friday, reading with Matthew. He is now 1/2 point short of his goal...we have til Friday to finish...I just hung my head since you can't see what I am doing.

My house is a disaster...laundry is piling up. Last week, we had two showings of the house and my house looked awesome...then the kids would come home, track in the Bermuda Class, drop books, socks, shoes, snacks, etc. in random places. I would tell them to put it up and then I would find it hidden behind window treatments when vacuuming. I am tired of picking up so I made my own mess by dragging out all my scrapping stuff to get the cards made and sent...not my best work, but I can let everyone know I am thinking of them this Christmas Season. I am a snail mail fan...ecards are just not for me. So, y'all are getting a "Holy Night" stamp and a Merry Christmas from yours truly in the mail brought by a cheery...or not so cheery letter carrier...see? I'm half politically correct, I didn't say "mailman."

So from me to you, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...just in case, that homemade card doesn't arrive until Valentine's Day.

No comments: