Thursday, May 21, 2015

Chattanooga Field Trip.

Yesterday, I played chaperon to M's Class. We hopped on the bus at 6:30 am (I woke up at 3 instead of 5 so I was a wee bit tired before ever getting started). I had the loveliest group of boys, I called them my herd of Bice-on. I earned the name "Mama Bice." We had an absolutely gorgeous day for a boat ride and perusing the aquariums. I have to tell you field trips these days are soooo much nicer than when I was growing up...no yellow school bus for us, just a nice air conditioned coach bus...it even has a DVD player with screens throughout the bus. I put my nose in my Edith Wharton and enjoyed the ride.

The first 10 minutes after we arrived, I felt like I was herding cats...putting kids in a gift shop after getting off a bus is not a good idea...especially when they have money and the gift shop carries pocket knives. I was able to get them away from the knives and off the boat without losing my chaperon privileges and the rest of the day was smooth sailing.














As you can see, M had fun using my phone for some selfies.

No comments: