Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Fingerpainted

Breathtaking...tonight was the third night of beautiful, take your breath away sunset...the swishing and swirling clouds seemed like the great Master had dipped his hands in paint and swoosh...color. I was in absolute awe...I was driving so I asked Hannah to grab my phone and take a picture...she just sat there...I tried to share my enthusiasm for the beauty...no luck, apparently, I was interrupting a group text message about her negligence on "Watpad." What the heck? Wat-what? Take a picture! Let's remember this artwork made just for us to appreciate...Her response..."I'll use my phone, it has a better camera." I hate technology, it has ruined conversations and appreciation for the beauty all around us. Next time, I pull to the side of the road and sit there until both children look up from their devices and are gob smacked by exquisite sunset...or I am slapping them upside the heads and throwing the devices out the window.



How many people can see a Saturn V with this for a background? 
Seeing this coming home from the Rink, made the drive worth 5 hours of sitting through a figure skating lesson and two Stick and Puck Sessions. 

No comments: