Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Vandal

Yesterday morning, I planned a really quiet day of doing laundry. First, I needed to drop off the kids to school, run by the house, grab some tea, go to Matthew's Spelling Bee (he made the School Finals) and go workout. Dropped off the kids, grabbed some tea and went to the house. Then my day derailed...the house had been vandalized in Matthew's room. It could have been worse and my detective skills tell me it was the work of a loner with anger issues and access to his parents' beer. (I had suspected the hole in Hannah's wall a few weeks ago was no accident and someone had been hanging out in her room) Anyway, I know it isn't the workers because our Builder fires anyone who smokes or drinks in his houses. I'm not sure why the perpetrator  felt the need to urinate on the flooring since there is a port a potty in the yard.  So, yesterday, I filed a police report and went door to door meeting the neighbors and asking them to call the police if they see anything in the future. I have to praise the local Police Department. I thought they would ask me to stop by and file a report...nope, they dispatched an officer and he was there in 10 minutes...oh, and my neighbors? They're chatty...and it was so cold...I spent 4 hours in 36 degrees with the wind making it fill like 23 degrees and I only had on my gym clothes. Brrrrr.


No comments: