Sunday, April 21, 2013

Not that kind of Girl

While writing my favorite cousin an email about the Redneck Vacation, I realized I forgot to tell y'all about Restoration Park. I am running late for Church so I am will be lazy like usual and exhibit my famous copy/paste talent.

The weather was gorgeous (however, I cannot imagine how anyone lives there in the summer...all that sitting water made me want to put on bug repellent and there weren't any skeeters yet. I need to google bayous since I can't figure out if all those dead looking trees come to life in the Summer or they really are dead, if they really are dead how did they get in the middle of all that black water? Oh, and I took the kids on a walk in this "Restoration Park" next to the hotel and I am thinking "restoration" like mind/yoga/zen...not.  It was a restored mine area well, minus the mine, now a park...there was even a very rusted pump cart in the middle of the trees...probably should have included that in my blog...About an hour into the walk, I am looking at the ducks paddling in the water thinking "Oh dear Lord, what if there are gators? What does one do if one comes across gators?" Fortunately, there were none and I spent the rest of the walk with thoughts like "This is so serene. Good gracious, this must be nasty with gnats and mosquitoes in the Summer. What a pretty tree. I bet there are a lot of snakes in here." I have concluded I am not an outdoorsy kind of gal. 




M with his duck call on our walk and Mr. Geiko.

No comments: