Friday, April 5, 2013

My Little Redneck Vacation

It has been forever since I posted  on here so it is time to play catch up!!!

Spring Break was last week and guess where we went? West Monroe, LA. Yes, Duck Dynasty mania has gripped my husband. We went to the Duck Commander Building, bought a Mallard Duck Call for Matthew, ate at Haskell's Donuts (owned by John Godwin's brother BTW) bought tea at The Cornerhouse Coffee Shop, rode go karts at Excalibur...and a non-DD event was going to the Black Bayou (advertised canoe rentals but they were nowhere to be found, must be too early in the season) and I have to tell you, I'm okay with that because that was black water and it has American Alligators. I didn't have to break into a sweat thinking about falling into the water and finding what lies beneath the surface. It was really pretty though.

Now let me explain a few things about DD. The Duck Commander Building is not located in a remote area, it is in an industrial area with a few houses across the road...one is for sale and I am POSITIVE it is for sale because they are tired of all the tourists. The place is PACKED with DD Pilgrims. There is no way any member of the DD Family could even walk in or out of the building without a riot taking place. It is like a Redneck Grace Land.

I took a picture for one lady by the DD RV and she said she had just (accidentally) went to Phil and Miss Kay's house. Jas was in the front yard with one of the grandkids. She said that she googled Duck Commander Building and that is where it took her. I don't think so...I Googled it and it took me to the actual Building, I think a bit of stalking was involved. However, the house on DD is where Phil and Miss Kay live...down a long road next to a lake according to our stalker...

Now to get me on this Redneck Vacation, my husband threw in Vicksburg. He knew this would get me to go along for the ride. The Battlefield is a lot larger than I envisioned...It is beautiful. The Parks Department  has done a really good job taking care of this. I do have to say, if you ever go, stop at The Visitors Center first and get the Tour CD, we did the drive without it and then went to The Visitor's Center...so I bought the CD and we did the drive a second time. Yep, a car full of blondes gets a blonde result.

I hope you enjoy the pictures!








No comments: