Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring 2009


Spring is here...the good, the bad and the ugly. We've been waiting for it to warm up, we've been waiting for color and now it is here. We forgot about the drawbacks of warmer temperatures...like what happens when the upstairs A/C breaks on a weekend and all the bedrooms are on the top floor and the Master Bedroom gets the biggest blast of heat during the day and turns into a raging inferno. Sleep is just out of reach for this wimp who would never survive life without air conditioning...Add to that, the previous night this blog writer didn't get much sleep because her seven year old flunked her first sleepover. The little camper came home from the sleepover...I am honored, she missed me. However, she was devastated, in tears and took quite a bit of consoling...then she got up at 5 a.m. I am one tired mother. I feel like I could sleep for weeks. I tried to nap today...ever tried to nap when a NASCAR fanatic is determined to watch the race at Talledega and just lets the little people wrestle to their hearts content? A very angry mother bear emerged from her little Master Den...she did a lot of roaring...went back to bed, felt guilty for her bear attack...got up and decided to finish yesterday's laundry. Did I mention the laundry room is upstairs in the inferno? Ugh.

Now for the second long anticipated rite of spring. The Garden. Color is emerging but so are the weeds...Gardening work must be done...Wouldn't it be nice if you could have a garden without doing the work? I suppose that would diminish the satisfaction but I am a heat wimp and once the sultriness of the South sets in, I will be worshipping my garden from the great indoors. Provided we have the air conditioning fixed. :-)

No comments: