Monday, July 8, 2019

Summer

Summer. Hot. Humid...I can't wait for Fall. It's my normal statement at this time of the year. The sultry weather is not my cup of tea...I wasn't a big fan of Summer in the desert of California, throw in some humidity and you pretty much described hell for me. I have to slow down my desire for Fall. Matthew heads to boarding school in August and this Fall will be a lot quieter around the house and I know I will regret my haste for Fall's arrival. I am so excited for him because this is all he wants but I was not mentally prepared for Matthew to leave home before college. How did British parents do this? The decision wasn't easy but when you have a boy with a passion for hockey and a good education, you have to...as my brother put it, "Cut the apron strings." Ouch. However, my brother is right, it is time to send him north for hockey.

In the meantime, life has been busy...I will post some pictures to give you a sense of this Summer...the one before everything changed...


Fresh from the garden


Saturday Morning Prayer


My favorites...besides my children


Matthew makes the Ford Ice Center Twitter Feed


Self-Explanatory


He's still around




A Summer Morning


Waiting to board our plane to Boston


Guess who got his Driver's Permit?



My favorite part of driving to Franklin for Hockey...the llamas or alpacas...I don't know the difference


Hannah was so excited to fly. Me? Not so much...it's lost its charm for me


First Meal in MA was in Bedford near where she lived her first two years on this planet


So....H does not share my love of history and literature...Lexington and Concord bored her. Are we sure we're related?


The only win for the Battle Trail was a ceiling H could touch


Dressed and ready for her first session for Future Physicians and Medical Scientists


Did I forget to mention my friend, Karen, was able to join us?


H was bored by history and Louisa Mae Alcott but LOVED riding the T


Geeky Science Student meets Harvard Bookstore, The Coop



H meets her car's namesake, John Harvard


Ice Cream is that way


Pinocchio's Pizza, listed on the top 10 places to visit at Harvard


The Charles at Sunset


Paul Revere's house...a bored Hannah just wants to ride the T and see the ocean


The Old North Church



I won the Duck Tour Trivia game and got a copy of Ghost...on VHS...Seriously?


Heading Home


Guess who turned 30?


Out of order but Hannah's happiest moment in Boston....Can you smell the sea?


Sibling tradition continues



This one was too sick to party as much as she usually does



And there you have it...my 60 second tour of the Summer of 2019 thus far.

No comments: