Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Sunshine Kinda Day

Today I understood how my dad, raised on a farm, was not just a morning person, he was a really early morning person. As I watched the mist rise from the darkness of the cornfields to the colors of the sky as the sun nudged itself towards a glorious sunrise, It was a revelation. This must have been what his youthful self would see each morning. It was a beautiful quiet moment.

The beauty of this morning made realize how much I wish my dad had lived to meet Hannah and Matthew.  Dad would have been so proud of his grandchildren. He met Lauren when she was a baby and doted on her and her cousins. It has been 30 years since he passed away and oh, how I wish he could see Hannah's senior pictures...the farm boy in him and the gardener in him would have just loved this photos.














No comments: