Saturday, September 2, 2017

This is It!

Today is the big day! Greg turns 55 and Matthew is playing in his first Jr Preds game. I am praying for the best, I am hoping I can post on Monday that we won all our games...but I did hear the FL teams are tough from one of our Hockey Board Members. The woman knows her hockey so I hope they're tough but we are tougher.

Hannah's hockey is progressing nicely, she has a natural talent and could probably play college hockey if she applied herself but she would rather read a book...and that is okay with me since she can't get injured with an academic scholarship.

Greg is working on his third Master's Degree. This one is for unmanned aircraft, he is staying up late most nights and I am not quite sure if this is the season to take this task on...he is getting job offers from his papers. One was for a place in MS and one in NV, both extremely interesting jobs but I am not sure he has met his children....they would not take kindly to moving. At all. To be honest, I have zero desire to pick up and move again, ever...once I lose my faculties, my children can put me in a Nursing Home...at that point, I won't even know I have been moved. But, until then, I'm not budging.

Speaking of things that fly in the air, Matthew's Rocket Team Coach asked if Matthew was still going to be on the team this school year. He wasn't going to have a team if Matthew was not on it. He will be and his rocket is already designed, it even has a name, Rocket Lobster (suggested by Hannah's boyfriend).

You are now all caught up on the two things that dominate our lives...sports and academics.

No comments: