Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Forgotten

Searching through my drawers yesterday I found a really pretty date book for 2010. "Huh, what's this?" Flipped through it and found the front half empty and the back with random quotes and things I wrote about what was going on in our life..It took me a few minutes but "OH YEAH!!!" popped in my head. I had remembered the forgotten book.

An acquaintance told me I should publish my Facebook entries because she thought them terribly amusing. Huh. Who knew? Someone who wasn't that close to me actually appreciated my wit. I didn't think they were THAT amusing.

However, my kids might like them or maybe not. I pondered whether they would be interested in my ramblings on their early life or my thoughts as their parent or a person who actually had a personality unrelated to a parent.

My conclusion? Probably not until they are parents or past middle age will they be interested in anything I wrote. After pondering whether the internet would even be around by that point or become something archaic like Word Processors and typewriters, I started a date book entering my posts working backwards for the year...I never finished. The best laid plans go awry in my hands.

So kids, if you ever look at this (my blog aka the next best thing to a scrapbook) and you're going though my things and find an empty looking date book, dig through it a little deeper. It might amuse you. Oh! And I never did find what I was looking for!

No comments: