Friday, May 27, 2016

School's out for Summer!

It's been a busy week...school ended on Wednesday. Matthew had his award and promotion Ceremony on Tuesday. We had the normal hockey, figure skating, allergy shots, etc. Today, Greg and me will get a taste of the Empty Nest. H is heading to a lake in TN with a friend, M is headed to Smith Lake with a friend, and Roo is heading to Atlanta for a Braves game with a friend...what will the husband and me do with ourselves?






Last weekend, was busy with Matthew practicing for his TPH AA Prospect Tournament in Nashville. I decided to kill two birds with one stone and let H hang out with a boy who likes her. (No dating but I will let him come around as long as I am around...he's 16. Enough said.) Anyway, I asked one of the hockey boys to keep an eye on them for me since I had a figure skating meeting and M was on the other sheet of ice practicing. According to H, he did too good of a job. He stayed in between them the entire time. In fact, he did such a great job, one of the hockey parents thought H was dating the chaperon (he is 24). Um, no.



Later that night, H and I went to a friend's dance recital. H was kicking herself the entire time for quitting dance. (She quit because she HATED the dance recital...there were tears, kicking, screaming, yes, it was ugly so I allowed her to quit). Needless to say, I have a call into the dance studio to see about her getting back into dance. She will, however, have to decide between dance and figure skating/hockey. Stay tuned.




H and her friend, Lauren



Hannah's Last Recital at the Von Braun Center 2010

No comments: