Saturday, May 7, 2016

Ice Baby



Hannah has been figure skating since Matthew started hockey 6 years ago. I would take M to hockey, I would find Hannah running around the Rink being chased by a little boy, Alessandro. (Funny, given a big hit on the radio during this period was Alejandro....I digress).  I signed H up for a Tuesday class to learn to skate to keep her out of trouble. I didn't want her getting yelled at by a Rink employee. I knew she would be embarrassed and...everyone needs a hobby. (Hannah was a fabulous dancer but refused to dance any longer because she hated the huge recitals at the Von Braun Center. She was so good they skipped her a level. Again, I digress)

Hannah hated her figure skating class. She did not like the Coach at all. Me, being the tough love mom made her finish the contracted month but since I can be nice. I asked if she could skate another day and finish out the month. She did. Different Coach and Bam! She now loved figure skating.

We tried to get her to play hockey for a few years (she has the personality for it). She would have none of it. We stopped encouraging it...and suddenly last Fall...she expressed a desire to play hockey. She is good. She has a natural talent for it. You cannot tell she has only been playing for a few months when you throw her out with the boys that have been playing for years. Matthew's Coach even said her stick handling is better than Matthew's. She said her handling glides and Matthew's stick handling is more like he is chopping wood. So true. When H masters shooting she is going to be ferocious. Watch out, Boys, here she comes!


Hannah's Coach took this the other night. H had just taken her skating lesson and was getting ready for her hockey clinic right after. Too funny!

No comments: