Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Stone

Building on the house continues and each day I check on it, something new is going on...it is such a delight. I will include some pictures so you can track the progress with me...there was only one big disappointment and that is the stone. The stone we picked out looks very different from the stone being put on our house. The Builder had us drive through the neighborhood to pick the brick, door, stone, and shingles. When I saw the stone on Saturday, I was taken aback. It appears smaller and is almost black, it looks like it has been through a fire. The Builder had the Stone Supplier come out yesterday and swears it is the same stone we selected. He said the other stone has weathered and that is the reason for the difference. The Builder offered to tear it out and change it but I don't even want to think what that would cost. Greg told them to go ahead and finish with the stone they started with. I am hoping once the landscaping is added it won't look our house went through a fire...I guess I can plant ivy to overtake the stone if it continues to bother me...Then I will really have the "Old World" effect the neighborhood was going for....



No comments: