Friday, November 28, 2014

Too Busy



I mentioned in the previous post, we have been too busy. It's the crazy time of the year where hockey and figure skating take over our lives. This year's figure skating program has really been consuming. The School decided to make their own program instead of performing The Nutcracker much to our dismay...I love The Nutcracker, Hannah was finally a high enough level to be a Snowflake, and of course, Matthew was looking forward to being a Soldier. Many of the days that we had free on our calendar have been penciled in with last minute added rehearsals. I hate that. I like people sticking to my schedule. I was not happy about being told my kids have to rehearse all of Thanksgiving Weekend when they were supposed to have it off. This also eats into my budget for Christmas. We have to pay for the ice time, the choreography, the costumes, and buy tickets. AND volunteer. Plus, the money I was supposed to recover after buying last year's Nutcracker Costumes has gone up in smoke since they aren't performing the program. Is my attitude sound a bit sour? I have decided, next year, we take the money we poured into skating the Christmas Program (which is not Christmas, at all) and take a vacation.

Matthew's hockey is a bit busier than anticipated, meaning we have to divide and conquer. Greg and Matthew go to the travel games, I stay with Hannah for her skating rehearsals on Saturday. Matthew's rehearsals were on Sunday...making for a very long day. He would have to go after getting back from his travel weekend.

As you see from the picture above, we have a cat...the cat and I have an odd relationship. I try to stay away from her since I am allergic...that just draws her attention. My allergies have stepped it up a few notches in this temporary apartment. My eyes are paying the price. The family (minus M who says the cat doesn't like him anyway) were set against giving the cat a new home. I am taking shots, on the other side of town, and doing Physical Therapy for my recently broken foot...which caused the ankle I strained a few years ago to act up...Yep, double therapy. And this, my friends, is why you didn't get a Thanksgiving Card, or seen many blog posts. I just can't keep up. Have a very blessed Thanksgiving Weekend. I am very thankful for all I have even if my post doesn't sound like it. I am very very blessed.

No comments: