Saturday, November 17, 2012

Oh My!

I just realized how long it has been since I have posted on my blog. Time really does fly, doesn't it? Thanksgiving is this week??? Christmas ads are on the television, stores are decorated and this of course, drives me crazy. It makes me want to dig in my heels and refuse to participate in all Christmas activities until at least December 1. (I know I will be coerced into putting the tree up the day after Thanksgiving but I can at least pretend to have principles) And to think, when I was a teenager and we went to my dad's hometown in Missouri, I thought they were nuts for having all the Christmas decorations up on Main Street the day after Thanksgiving. Now, they would just be late if they waited until then. Christmas never commenced at our house until my brother's birthday, December 9. (Of course, my dad had all his Christmas shopping done by August, I have yet to accomplish that feat of good planning)As a child, I do remember we always begged my aunt to play Christmas Carols on her piano at Thanksgiving but it seemed way too early. My sensible grandma asked my cousins for "It's a Small World." So, to celebrate Thanksgiving, I will post Halloween pictures. Yes, I am just that timely!

No comments: