Monday, July 18, 2011

Sophie the Swagger Wagon

A few weeks ago on a Sultry Saturday morning, Hubby was paying bills, I was cleaning up my craft mess and we discussed the transportation arrangements for the upcoming FL trip. Five people were not going to fit into the Accord or the Rav4 without killing each other before reaching the GA state line. I suggested renting a vehicle and made a casual remark that I never thought I would miss my mini van but twice a week, every week, when hockey rolls around...I miss that space. I especially miss the space when I go grocery shopping and open the back to find that big ole hockey bag did not get taken out and put away. End of discussion.

One week later, we had a new mini van. This is extremely unusual since the husband usually spends weeks, no months, no scratch that...years to purchase a new vehicle. Our Honda Odyssey was researched for THREE YEARS before being purchased...it started in Ohio and ended in Massachusetts when child number three made his debut. We always wanted a Sienna but they were the new kid on the block and extremely expensive...sometime in VA, we traded the Odyssey for a Sienna. Rebecca Sophia (the Sienna) had a nice life until she was creamed by a rear end collision that rendered her life cycle over and made her a parts donor. Trying to be a cool mom and not realizing we would get replacement value, I went for the RAV4, John Harvard. John Harvard is a nice ride but the first thing I missed was the over abundant amount of cup holders...then when winter rolled along I missed the ability to adjust the temperature on my bun warmers...it was high...or low...then one day, it got really cold and boy, did I miss the side mirror defroster (Yes, I'm not a Princess, I am a Queen).

Anyway, back to Sophie The Swagger Wagon...I got called by Hubby to meet him at the Toyota Dealership to look at a Sienna...operative word here L-O-O-K at a Sienna. Boom! My husband sealed the deal with a deposit that evening and two days later, Sophie became part of the family. The favorite oldest daughter posted a video on my FB wall...hence, Sophie...The Swagger Wagon.

No comments: