Sunday, September 7, 2008

Notebook Paper


I went to write my dear girlfriend from high school a letter the other day. The real old-fashioned pen to paper letter that one puts a stamp on, puts in the mailbox, raises the flag, and then uses the flag as a secret symbol that indicates when the mail has arrived.


The problem with writing the letter was I didn't have any stationary. I didn't have any of the pretty Hallmark paper I used to love to buy with the pretty watermark. I improvised and used notebook paper...I suddenly felt like I was in high school again, writing a note in class, the note needed a cutesy folding method so it could be pushed in the girlfriend's locker in between classes. I could almost smell the "school smell," feel the fear of getting caught, definitely the fear of getting caught, and hear a bell ring. I might have to do this again.

No comments: