Friday, September 12, 2008

My Quiet Spot

I love my house. I can sit in my quiet room and look out at the crane perched by the pond. I can smell my dad in my quiet room, it is where I keep the books he left to me...humid days really bring back the memories I associate with my dad because the scent is even stronger. The bookshelves are filled with Dad's art books. Dad would be astounded to find that my books are military history and historical biographies...he left his military books to my brother. I inherited the more feminine books.

I placed hydrangeas by the living room (aka Mom's quiet room) window.

I like the serene blue of the walls and the window treatments I made to hang in my room. I like my impressionist painting that was a wedding present. For years, I saw the picture as a representation of my Roo and me.

My quiet room isn't usually quiet, my little people always find me here. They inevitably climb on me and chaos ensues...

But today, the little people are playing outside and today, sitting in my room, reading a book, it's almost perfect.

No comments: