Sunday, February 18, 2024

My New Vocation

As the divorce dragged on and on during Covid, my children declared I was in need of a Sugar Daddy to take care of me after the divorce (I was one of those unicorns who stayed home and supported the husband's career and moved all over the country). A Sugar Daddy didn't hold much (any) appeal to me and I declared I was going to be a Protestant Nun. I like God. I like God a lot.  I proclaimed to my children I would begin my own order of non-denominational nuns. I pride myself on the wit God gave me (but as in all things, there is truth behind our words). The problem with my wit is not many people get my jokes. 

Today, my church launched a new campus and I serve as part of the prayer team, nothing physical...just praying with and for people...After our launch today, I discovered I might have to rethink my career as a Protestant nun. I came home and was asleep within minutes of sitting down. I had turned on Emma and I don't think Mr. Knightley even appeared before I was asleep. 

Do they retire nuns? I have a feeling this Protestant Nun should be retired...along with my jokes.

Anyone know where to find Mr. Knightley?


No comments: